Tuesday, January 13, 2009

the new year

Okay. The year 2009 is upon us. Whatever happened to "we're gonna party like it's 1999"???? Ten years later:
  • we did NOT have to prepare for Y2K
  • I have 4 more children and am pregnant with the 5th
  • we've moved FOUR times
  • Prince (or the artist formerly known as Prince) is a vegan and the man is STILL performing!
So this year I'm feeling ambitious. I'm going to start a challenge for myself. Every month I'm going to choose something hard to do for the month. I read about someone else doing this, like, two years ago and I thought it was a great idea. I'll post about my journey on this blog since I know it will be very interesting to so many people out there.

Here are some ideas I have so far:
  • Next month (February) I'm going to memorize chapter five of the book of Matthew.
  • Eat only fruits and veggies for lunch - then maybe for breakfast too.
  • practice piano for 20 minutes a day/five days a week
  • read "X" amount of books - or books on a certain topic - or some kind of reading challenge
  • Stay OFF of the internet except for this blog and my email
  • finish every project I've started and is waiting to be finished (like the stocking, Malea!)
Anyone have any other ideas?

have a blessed journey,
Amy

1 comment:

Malea said...

Great idea Mom!
I am glad that you
are FINALLY gonna finish
that stocking!
Love ya!